If you need root canal therapy, you might be wondering how much it’s going to cost you. Here, we explain when a root canal is necessary, what the procedure is like, and the typical cost.
Why Would I Need a Root Canal?
A root canal is a procedure that repairs and saves a tooth that is badly damaged, decayed, or infected. If you’ve been experiencing tooth sensitivity or extreme pain in an isolated area in your mouth, you may need root canal therapy and should call us immediately so we can determine the next steps to take. This pain could be caused by an infection of the pulp inside your tooth as a result of an injury or an untreated cavity. Without treatment, your tooth infection can lead to an abscess, or a pus-filled pocket inside your gums. Root canal therapy cleans out the infection and spares you from having to get the infected tooth extracted.
What Happens During a Root Canal?
1. We’ll numb the area around the tooth so you’ll only feel light pressure during the procedure.
2. Next, we’ll gently drill into the tooth to get to the infected pulp.
3. Then we’ll remove the infected tooth pulp, clean out the canals, and use antibiotics to kill any remaining infection.
4. After removing the pulp, we’ll seal your tooth’s root canals to protect against future infection.
5. Finally, we’ll affix a natural-looking dental crown to restore function and give your tooth extra strength and a normal appearance.
How Much Does a Root Canal Cost?
The truth is that the cost for root canal therapy varies depending on the severity of your condition. While we understand that the cost of a root canal can be daunting for some, the treatment is vital for those with damaged or infected tooth pulps in order to preserve your oral health. To help ease the financial burden, we do our best to provide financial options for every budget. Paris Mountain Dental offers an in-house dental savers plan for uninsured patients that can keep root canal costs manageable. Our office is also very insurance-friendly. We file and track claims for you so you get the maximum benefits out of your plan. Get in touch with us to discuss the best payment option for your unique situation! Our team will work with you to keep the cost for root canal therapy affordable.